Hope for the City 2019
“People: The Impact of Hope”
Presented by OSC, this Lenten lecture series tackles local challenges through engaging discussions by community leaders as well as experts in architecture, economic development, public transportation, and more.
This program is made possible through donations. While admission is free, please consider making a $20 donation at the event or by using the donate link below. For information on sponsorships, please call our front office at (216) 241-6145.
See below for more information and videos from our 2019 program, which was held Wednesdays at noon from March 13th through April 3rd.
Cities are wonderful places to live, work, and play. But what if you’re homeless or otherwise unable to take advantage of urban opportunities due to disability, lack of knowledge, or inaccessibility?
Join us for H4C 2019 and find out how we can improve our cities to create a better world for all!
Registration is required. A buffet-style meal will be served prior to the start of each speaker. Program will officially begin at noon.
Previous speakers at H4C include..
- Cleveland fourth-term Mayor Frank Jackson
- Jeff Speck (urbanist, city planner, author of Walkable City: How Downtown Saves America)
- Joseph Calabrese (CEO, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority)
- Rev. Dr. R. Mark Giuliano (Senior Pastor, Old Stone Church)
- Dr. Jarrett Walker (public transit advocate, author of Human Transit: How Clearer Thinking about Public Transit Can Enrich Our Communities and Our Lives)
- Dr. Imani Scott (race relations expert and professor at Savannah College of Art and Design)
- Chris Ronayne (President, University Circle Inc.)
- And more!