Where South is UP and Past is Present: Egypt beyond the Tourist Experience
Sundays, March 5–April 9 • 9am • Gallery
Revs. Steve and Cinda Gorman will lead a five-week study based on their missionary work and experiences in Egypt. Program begins March 12 at 9am in the Gallery.
- March 12 • St. Mark, Monks and Martyrdom. Is this any way to launch a Church? Early Christian history of the Coptic Church and the rise of Islam.
- March 19 • Oh, those Presbyterian Missionaries! How Protestants used a river, education, and the people’s language to renew the Coptic Church. The coming of the Presbyterian (evangelical) Church to Egypt and their history and challenges through today.
- March 26 • “The People of the Book” and their Books. The scriptures that shaped the Middle East — the Hebrew Scriptures, the evolving Books of the New Covenant and the never-changing Quran.
- April 2 • Where Do You Get Your News? Perceptions of the Middle East from the media, our President and class participants’ experiences of living and traveling in the Middle East.
- April 9 • The Middle East Comes to Cleveland: More than a Falafel Sandwich. We may bring a new, English-speaking refugee to share his/her experience.
April 9 • 10am • Sanctuary
The Palm Sunday service will present readings and music that tell the story of Passion Week. The Old Stone Choir, guest soloist Nancy Maultsby, and the Old Stone congregation, supported by our interim organist Fern Jennings, will sing anthems, hymns and solos that explain the Biblical events leading from Palm Sunday to the Crucifixion.
A Sunday School pretzel bake sale will take place during coffee hour. All proceeds benefit Presbyterian World Missions.
April 13 • 7pm • Sanctuary
Communion worship service
April 14 • 12pm • Sanctuary
- 8:30am: Rise & Shine worship service on the front steps of the church
- 9:00am: Easter breakfast in Memorial Hall
- 10:00am: Worship service in the Sanctuary with brass and timpani.
Women’s Breakfast Gathering
Saturday, April 22 • 8:30am • Memorial Hall
Ladies, mark your calendars for Saturday, April 22, for our first Women’s Breakfast Gathering of 2017. Let’s put the “Sisters back In Charge”! We have a long history of Old Stone women making an impact in the church and in our community; on that day we will come together to celebrate our past, present and future. Breakfast program will begin at 8:30am and conclude by 10am. Check the weekly Rolling Stone newsletter for sign-up information.