Currently-serving deacons may download a copy of the OSC membership directory here. (password-protected)
What are Deacons?
Deacons are an important part of the connective tissue of the body of Christ. Their ministry reaches out to the congregation and community as a whole and includes those who are in need.
- Ministry of care and compassion.
- To monitor Newcomer/New Member Care and Connection, and Friend2Friend.
- Encourage member and Adherent Care persons.
- Maintain active list of Homebound and Long-Term Care Team.
- Congregational Care, handled by sub-teams:
- Annual Church Picnic
- Hospitality Teams – funeral, memorial receptions
- Flower Ministry
- Phone ministry: Share with Elders in the periodic phone campaigns to connect with congregational members.